COMP 105 Presentation Guidelines
- Choose a topic by Friday of 7th Week.
- Aim for the presentation to be around 15 minutes (not including
Questions and Answers). Slightly shorter or slightly longer is okay.
- Most presentations should be done in groups of 2 or 3.
- Do background research on your topic; compose a presentation
(Powerpoint, Prezi, HTML, etc).
- Your presentation may include information, pictures, possibly even
short videos from other sources, but respect copyright and intellectual
- Cite your sources! (You may use MLA style, APA
style, ACM style, or another style of your own devising, so long as you
include all the appropriate information.)
- If you want to use index cards or notes, you may; I don't have
hard and fast rules on this. On the other hand, you don't want to stand
there and never raise your eyes from notes in your hand. (Similarly, you
don't want to stand there and never take
your eyes from your presentation on the screen).
- PRACTICE! There is no other way to make sure that you have the
- Practice in front of friends. This will help you be sure you have
organized and presented your ideas and information effectively.
Grading Criteria (50 pts)
- 15 pts Structure
- Overall structure/organization (& be explicit if
- Presentation length
- 20 pts Content
- Appropriate breadth/depth
- Appropriate CS/technology content
- Appropriate attribution of your sources
- 15 pts Presentation
- Eye contact / natural (not just reading)
- Appropriate content on slides (including text, pictures,
- Slides are clear and readable